This Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training teaches and prepares individuals to implement the principles, practices, and techniques of Six Sigma. This course enables the individual to apply the knowledge and skills learned in this course to in order to accomplish breakthrough business improvements for their organizations. The Lean Six Sigma methodology is a systematic application that can be applied in service-based, transactional, production-based and health care environments and is focused on achieving significant business results and increased customer satisfaction.
Six Sigma Overview
- Why do we need Six Sigma
- What is the relationship of Lean Six Sigma methodology to a company’s objective achievement / goals
- The Lean Six Sigma process improvement model – DMAIC model
- Purpose and importance of the project charter.
- How to prepare an accurate project charter – in scope vs out scope box diagram.
- 3 main uses of the project charter.
- What to include in an effective project charter
CASE STUDY = Prepare a project charter using the information provided in case study
Value Stream Mapping
- How to use Value Stream Mapping tool of a given process to analyze the flow of materials and information required to bring a product or service to a customer
- Importance of quantification in a Value Stream Map.
- How to generate customer value within a Value Stream Map.
- An “As-Is” Spaghetti Diagram, adapted from a process flowchart, highlights the number of key steps and spatial relationships of a particular process.
- Purpose of an “As-Is” Spaghetti Diagram.
- How an “As-Is” Spaghetti Diagram is made from a process flowchart / SOPs.
- How to capture the key steps and spatial relationships in a business process.
- Identify and Eliminate “wastes” using a Spaghetti Diagram
CASE STUDY = Prepare a spaghetti diagram using the information provided in case study
- The purpose and importance of a Pareto Chart
- Prioritization from root cause analysis using a Pareto Chart.
- The scope of the process for which Pareto Analysis can be used.
- How to make a Pareto Chart to prioritize process failure issues.
EXERCISE = Make a Pareto Chart using the information provided in the exercise
Cause & Effect using Fish Bone Analysis and 5 WHY
- The purpose and importance of Root Cause Analysis.
- The purpose and importance of Fishbone Diagrams.
- The six categories of Fishbone Diagrams.
- How to construct and utilize a Fishbone Diagram for determining the root cause of an issue or problem.
- The techniques for using the 5 Whys method.
EXERCISE = SOLVE A PRACTICAL PROBLEM USING FISH BONE TECHNIQUE
Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- The purpose and importance of an FMEA
- The goals of an FMEA
- Identify the timing of an FMEA
- How to conduct an FMEA analysis
- The use of Poka-Yokes in mistake-proofing business processes
- The types of errors in a business process that Poka-Yokes are designed to address
- Effective mistake-proofing techniques
- How to develop Poka-Yokes to mistake-proof a business process.
- The purpose and importance of process analysis
- Measure the performance of a process using a control chart
- Assess the capability of a process using a control chart.
- Different types of control charts
- Learn practical six sigma tools to apply in functions like Accounting, Finance and Internal Audit, HR, IT, Sales, Supply Chain etc.
- See how six sigma tools can be useful in a manufacturing as well as a service function scenario
- Get an opportunity to solve one of YOUR burning problems LIVE during the course using six sigma tools
- Practically use the tools to see how they work in local environment instead of just listening about the global success stories
It is very important to analyze the need for Training along with the level of knowledge you require. This session give you a liberty to choose the modules you need, discuss it with the trainer how you want to be delivered, decide the place at your convenience and allocate number of hours to solve your problem. This does not include any development as a consulting but will include solution if you are facing a particular problem.