Management has now become an integral part of operation in a wide range of organizations.
Financial analysis, planning and control provides an understanding of the various aspects in an organization from calculative aspect to other related practices in organization.
This course will provide you with the necessary analytical framework and a wide array of practical tools to help you understand and exploit information in financial statements. You will be shown how to examine the many valuable and relevant pieces that make up a financial statement.
- Apply the framework of financial statements analysis
- Use ratio and financial analysis
- Appraise the process of company evaluation and analysis
- Analyze real-life financial statements from companies
- The impact of financial analysis in ensuring adequate, effective and timely decision making.
- Learn, how to break down complex information into key simple messages while using financial analysis to build the big picture
Financial reporting standards
- Importance of reporting standards in security analysis and valuation
- The standards setting bodies
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) versus Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Identity the sections of a classified balance sheet
- Current Assets
- Long-Term Investments
- Property, Plant, and Equipment
- Intangible Assets
- Current Liabilities
- Long-Term Liabilities
- Stockholders’ Equity
Prepare adjusting entries for accruals
- Accrued Revenues
- Accrued Expenses
- Summary of Basic Relationships
- Accounting for Debt Investments
- Accounting for Stock Investments
- Accounting for Treasury Stock
- Accounting for Preferred Stock
- Retained Earnings
Explain how to account for current liabilities
- What Is a Current Liability?
- Notes Payable
- Current Maturities of Long-Term Debt
Describe the four financial statements and how they are prepared
- Income Statement
- Retained Earnings Statement
- Balance Sheet (Financial Position)
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Interrelationships of Statements
- Other Elements of an Annual Report
Prepare adjusting entries for deferrals
- Prepaid Expenses
- Unearned Revenues
Analyze a company’s performance using ratio analysis
- Vertical analysis : balance sheet and income statement approaches
- Horizontal, trend analysis and growth
- Liquidity analysis:
- Current, quick, and cash ratios, defensive interval and cash conversion cycle
- Asset management and activity ratios:
- Total and fixed assets turnover
- Solvency analysis:
- Debt, equity, and times interest earned ratios
- Profitability analysis:
- Profit margin, gross margin, return on assets, return on equity
- Market and valuation:
- Price earnings and earnings-per-share ratios
- DuPont analysis: the three-step and five-step models
- Discuss the Limitation of ratio analysis
Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre
Since last two years My Company is working with Simfotix, and every time it is great learning experience. MS Excel is one of the most recommended Program with distinctive methodology and valuable deliverables.
A very good training by Simfotix on HRBP with their International Partner Human Capital Institute. We covered high level including strategy.
Dubai Islamic Bank
Great training course and materials. Super helpful to learn shortcuts and their best application. Thank you!
The in-house training met the desired objectives for improvement in the Finance function. Group work throughout the two days and team presentation on various analytics put thing in the focus learning direction. Good output Simfotix.
Finance House Abu Dhabi
Inhouse Training with Simfotix Training for Credit Transformation Program goes with a Wonderful learning experience of our Credit Risk Team. Looking forward to engage them in other upcoming training.
Abu Dhabi Terminals
A combination of learning and sharing through activities and self presentations. Learning Art of Public Speaking with Simfotix Training is truly a good experience.
Arab Bank, UAE
The session was engaging and informative. Overall program outcome is what we agreed and delivered to department.
Emirates Islamic Bank
Simfotix In-House training is well organized and our team learned lot of new things. We consider this as a value addition and meeting our objectives.
Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratization
A very good training we attended with Simfotix Training.
Al Ghurair Group
Easy way of transferring knowledge makes the learning more digestible. Great work Simfotix for the in-house session of Advance Excel.
MAF Carrefour International
Thank you Simfotix for a comprehensive and value training to our Saudi Arabia Finance Team. Case Study and exercises were the key element of this workshop. As Learning & Development we are satisfied to work with them in future.
Selecting Simfotix as sour training and learning development supplier is a wonderful experience. They have done various inhouse programs. Their trainers carry in-depth knowledge and expertise and kept the participants well engaged.
The Executive Council of Dubai
Simfotix Trainer bear a Persuasive approach in training and the company is professional in the arrangement of training till end to make it a memorable experience. The In-house session and the follow-up session is excellent approach.
Department of Economic Development, Dubai
Excellent Training conducted by Simfotix Professional Development. The whole day was full of fun and learning in Advance MS Excel.
It is very important to analyze the need for Training along with the level of knowledge you require. This session give you a liberty to choose the modules you need, discuss it with the trainer how you want to be delivered, decide the place at your convenience and allocate number of hours to solve your problem. This does not include any development as a consulting but will include solution if you are facing a particular problem.