- Course Outline
- Workshop Instructions
In any industry, people may find themselves needing to resolve conflict in the workplace between management and staff, between colleagues or between staff and customers. It is becoming increasingly crucial to empower individuals to intervene effectively and appropriately with such problems at work.
Knowledge in counselling skills will help nurture healthy workplace relations. Staff can use these skills in handling colleagues experiencing stressful events.
Emotional intelligence describes the ability to understand one’s own feelings, and that of groups, and how these emotions can influence motivation and behavior.
What You Will Learn:
- Define Emotional Intelligence (EQ).
- Identify the benefits of emotional intelligence for managers.
- Explain the four core skills required to practice emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrate self-management, self-awareness, self-motivation and empathy.
- Effectively communicate with team members non-verbally.
- Interpret key emotions.
- Explain how to regulate one’s own emotions.
- Recognize that mood congruent thought influences decision making.
- Relate emotional intelligence to the workplace as a manager.
Lucy Mackintosh (GCIPD, NLP):
Lucy Mackintosh is a British citizen, and has lived and worked in the UAE for the past 8 years. She has over 18 years’ experience in Human Resource Management and Training and Development and two related qualifications – BSc (Hons) in Human Resource Management from the University of Bath, UK, and a post-graduate diploma in Personnel Management, accredited by the CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development).
Lucy gained an extensive range of HR experience, working in large organisations in London, including Visa International, the FSA (Financial Services Authority) and the NHS (National Health Service). In 2007 she was head-hunted for a role at Standard Chartered Bank, Dubai, specialising in employee reward and performance management. During this time she also managed the HR Forum in the UAE, which aimed at promoting HR best practice in the region.
In 2009 Lucy decided to follow her passion for Learning and Development by becoming a full-time corporate Trainer and joined the region’s largest training company. She gained experience in working for a large range of companies in the UAE /GCC and trained courses in Management, Soft Skills and Personal Effectiveness.
Lucy now works for different training organisations, helping them deliver exceptional service to their clients. She designs, develops and delivers courses on a range oftopics, as can be seen below. She is also a qualified NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) Practitioner, MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) Facilitator and a Life Coach. These qualifications have increased her skills in understanding, communicating with, and inspiring others.
Having trained more than 5000+ including some of the key companies who participated in her program ROCHE Middle East, Ghobash Group, Emirates NBD Bank, Mashreq Bank, DU Telecomm, Etisalat, PCM Group, Dubai Economic Department, Federal Authority Electricity and Water…etc.
What is Emotional Intelligence?
- Benefits of EI
- Understand the difference between Trait EI and Ability EI
- 5 Dimensions of Trait EI Model
- Self Awareness (SA) Managing Emotions (ME)
- Motivation (M) Empathy (E)
- Social Skills (SS) Determine your EQ
Group Activity: Teams – EQ self assessment activity
Dimension 1: Self-awareness (SA)
- Seeing the other side
- Giving in without giving up Life Positions –only you can choose your mindset
- Activity: Pair work, role playing different sides of a conflict
- Debrief and group discussion led by facilitator
Dimension 2: Self-Regulation/Managing Emotions (ME)
- The ‘EQ brain’ and how it works
- The science of emotions
- Understanding Emotions
- Find your self-control… take back your
- Using coping thoughts
- Using relaxation techniques
D2:Managing with Emotional Intelligence
- What does Emotional Intelligence have to do with
- The high EQ manager: case studies on effectiveness
- Using self-awareness to engage with staff and colleagues
Dimension 3: Self-Motivation (M)
- Self Motivation
- Motivating others using your EQ
- The balance between optimism and pessimism
- The power of re-framing
- Teaching staff to re-frame and setting the example: the
- Optimistic Manager
Dimension 4: Empathy (E)
- Empathy | Barriers to empathy
- Developing your empathy
- Empathy and your staff: connecting with employees
Group work. What is an empathetic manager? Why connect with employees who are experiencing difficulties?
Four Skills in Emotional Intelligence
- How to accurately perceive emotions
- Employing emotions to facilitate thinking
- Interpret emotional meanings
- Manage emotions
Verbal Communication Skills
- Focused listening
- Asking questions
- Communicating with flexibility and authenticity
Team Building and EQ
- Creating high EQ teams that unleash their collective potential energy through positive energy Using EQ
- Generate powerful and productive team synergy
- Maximizing morale and resisting stress
- Uniting the team for organizational strength
- 07-08 September 2021 – 10:00 am – 03:00 pm
- Regular Fee: USD 510 Per Participant (Exclusive of VAT)
- Team Offer: Pay for 2 and register 3rd for free
- Includes: Courseware, and SIMFOTIX Certificate
- For registration (s) send us your Name, Designation, Organization, and Mobile Number to [email protected]
- For More Information please contact: Qazi Waqas Ahmed Mobile: +971 56 309 0819; Email: [email protected]
"Excellent training conducted by SIMFOTIX Professional Development. The whole day was full of fun and learning in Advanced MS Excel. "
- Department of Economic Development, Dubai
"SIMFOTIX trainer bears a persuasive approach in training. The company is professional in the arrangements of training till the end to make it a memorable experience. The in-house session and the follow-up is an excellent Approach. "
- The Executive Council of Dubai
"My team was positive and happy with the deliverables of MS Excel training, and they think the session increased their knowledge and efficiency. "
- Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratization
"SIMFOTIX in-house training on MS Excel was well organized and our team learned a lot of new things. We consider this as value and meeting our objectives. "