- Course Outline
- Workshop Instructions
- Who Should Attend
How to develop, define, and effectively
use them to measure Business Strategy!
The basic concept of “what gets measured gets managed” is widely understood and accepted. And the idea of applying this to the world of strategy management is also well established – at least conceptually.
BUT – experience indicates that organisations consistently struggle with two core aspects of this concept:
- hat are the relevant Strategic KPIs for our organisation??
- What sensible performance targets should we set for the future??
This intensive 2-day programme addresses these two core management challenges and provides a practical and disciplined approach to delivering relevant answers by discussing in depth, how to set KPIs and Balance Scorecard.
- Participants will learn how to implement KPIs and Balance Scorecard as a Performance Management System for their function.
- Participants will be able to develop actual KPIs for their own role / functional area so that they can start implementing and using them from the very next day they get back to work.
- Participants will be able to convert their own KPIs into a balanced scorecard system so that they can ascertain and report on performance in a manner which is easy to understand by all (regardless of their function).
- Learn how KPIs and balanced scorecard systems was used by real organizations to significantly improve performance in less than 2 years
A practical exercise based course rather than theory / lecture based
About the Trainer:
Zaid B. Zeeshan
- 20+ years of experience in USA, MENA & Pakistan
- CPA, CISA, CGMA, & Six-Sigma Green Belt
- Approved trainer with IIA – UAE
He’s Certified Public Accountant (CPA) as well as a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), from the USA. He is also a certified Six Sigma Green Belt. He has over 20 years of experience in auditing, accounting, finance, taxation and inventory management as well as extensive experience in conducting focused in-house training courses in USA, UAE and Pakistan. He is currently the CEO of Inclusive Consulting, which is a management consulting company based in UAE. He uses his varied experience and knowledge base to adopt a very practical approach in conducting training courses, providing participants easy to use tools / tips. He is approved trainer with The Institute of Internal Auditors – UAE Chapter since 2015.
He started his career in public accounting in USA where he spent more than 6 years specializing in auditing and accounting services to various high profile clients including governmental and not-for-profit entities. He was associated with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause and Deloitte & Touche in USA. He has also worked in Pakistan with Engro Corporation, one of the largest private sector conglomerate in Pakistan. He spent 8 years with them in various different roles being associated with the parent company as well as multiple business subsidiaries including fertilizer manufacturing, rice manufacturing, consumer goods and commodity trading. He served as Head of Finance for consumer goods subsidiary and CFO of their commodity trading and rice manufacturing companies. Zaid is a member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) and Association of International Certified Professional Accountants.
- Why the need for KPIs
- Performance management principles
- Process vs. Strategy
- Importance of processes
- Where do KPIs fit in?
- The Business Case for KPIs
Key “Fundamentals” About KPIs
- KPI vs Target
- Common myths
- Stakeholders and customers
- Internal quality and productivity
Developing SMART KPIs
- Types of KPIs
- Data collection
- Reporting frequency
- KPI template
Exercise– Develop KPI Relevant to You: Each participant will develop KPIs for their own role / functional area so that they are relevant to them and can be used by them from the very next day they go back to their work.
Exercise– Assessment of KPI Development: Participants will present their KPIs to the group for an assessment based on the training material delivered so far. This will present an opportunity to obtain feedback on the KPIs developed so that they can be fine-tuned before they are ready to be put into practice.
Course Outline – Day 2:
KPI Data Gathering
- Measurement Systems Analysis –
Repeatability and Reproducibility
- Technology and KPI Data –
KPIs to Drive Performance – Adding Value
- Developing strategy to attract, motivate and retain talent
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Challenges in performance management
- Six Sigma and KPIs – the link
- Developing targets
- Conversion to a balanced scorecard
- Monitoring performance
Case Study - real-world examples of KPIs converted to balanced scorecards. Case Study – Convert KPI to Balanced Scorecard Participants will use the KPIs developed on Day 1 for their own role / functional area and convert them into balanced scorecards
Common Pitfalls/Useful Tips
- Target development – ideal vs. realistic
- Data collection pitfalls
- Review and auditing
KPI Reporting – Effective Communication
- Visualization techniques
- 13-14 June 2021 – 10:00 am – 03:00 pm
- Regular Fee: USD 650 Per Participant (Exclusive of VAT)
- Team Offer: Pay for 2 and register 3rd for free
- Includes: Courseware, and SIMFOTIX Certificate
Who Should Attend
- Heads of Departments
- Quality Control Managers
- Senior Managers in Service Functions (Accounting, Finance, IT, HR, Admin etc.)
- Senior Managers in Supply Chain (Logistics, Warehouse, Purchasing etc.)