Effective Business Writing Level 1
- Course Outline
- Workshop Instructions
- Communicating clearly & completely the goal of the message.
- Projecting the goodwill aspect while writing different tones of email.
- Maintaining the tone and phrasing of the chosen words.
- Deliver practical examples of what to write and what not to write when informing, inviting, inquiring, or confirming through e-mails or memos.
- Enable managers & staff to get across concise messages.
- Feel confident to communicate at work.
Lucy Mackintosh (GCIPD, NLP):
Lucy Mackintosh is a British citizen, and has lived and worked in the UAE for the past 8 years. She has over 18 years’ experience in Human Resource Management and Training and Development and two related qualifications – BSc (Hons) in Human Resource Management from the University of Bath, UK, and a post-graduate diploma in Personnel Management, accredited by the CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development).
Lucy gained an extensive range of HR experience, working in large organisations in London, including Visa International, the FSA (Financial Services Authority) and the NHS (National Health Service). In 2007 she was head-hunted for a role at Standard Chartered Bank, Dubai, specialising in employee reward and performance
management. During this time, she also managed the HR Forum in the UAE, which aimed at promoting HR best practice in the region. She gained experience in working for a large range of companies in the UAE and GCC region and trained courses in Management, Soft Skills and Personal Effectiveness.
Lucy now works for different training organisations, helping them deliver exceptional service to their clients. She designs, develops, and delivers courses on a range of topics, as can be seen below. She is also a qualified NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) Practitioner, MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) Facilitator and a Life
- Characteristics of an effective written communication.
- Attractive openings that captivate.
- Recognizing clichés and jargon and adding goodwill tone in the message.
- Structuring Sentences for Effectiveness and Readability.
- Addressing a conflict situation in the emails.
- Using simple and specific language to avoid confusion.
- Planning and structuring while writing a report to senior management.
- Improving sentence construction and paragraph development.
- Summarizing ideas effectively and drawing impeccable conclusions.
- Negative messages – the ultimate beginning.
- Adding positive tone in negative messages.
- Adding a personal touch to business writing.
- Reviewing the message and strong closing that inspire action.
- Regular Fee: USD 410 Per Participant (Exclusive of VAT)
- Team Offer: Pay for 2 and register 3rd for free
- Includes: Courseware, and SIMFOTIX Certificate
- For registration (s) send us your Name, Designation, Organization, and Mobile Number to [email protected]
- For More Information please contact: Qazi Waqas Ahmed Mobile: +971 56 309 0819; Email: [email protected]
"Excellent training conducted by SIMFOTIX Professional Development. The whole day was full of fun and learning in Advanced MS Excel. "
- Department of Economic Development, Dubai
"SIMFOTIX trainer bears a persuasive approach in training. The company is professional in the arrangements of training till the end to make it a memorable experience. The in-house session and the follow-up are excellent Approach. "
- The Executive Council of Dubai
"My team was positive and happy with the deliverables of MS Excel training, and they think the session increased their knowledge and efficiency. "
- Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratization
"SIMFOTIX in-house training on MS Excel was well organized and our team learned a lot of new things. We consider this as value and meeting our objectives. "