Retail Lending is an important business for any commercial bank. It needs in-depth understanding of credit theory and sector-specific factors from our relevant and current market trends. The Retail Lending Team members should build confidence by practicing complex concepts, applying new credit skills, and demonstrating case studies based on a real lending scenario.
A proper understanding of Retail lending concepts and systematic process would lead to quality decisions and avoid costly mistakes.
In order to save the bank from reputation risk, the retail lending team should be aware of retail lending and security procedure.
Systematic approach will be followed in imparting knowledge.
At the end of the program, the participant will
- Understand the basics of lending with special emphasis on retail lending
- Sharpen the skills in evaluating the lending criteria of every prospective customer
- Analyze the repayment sources effectively using credit reports and credit scores; and calculate debt service capacity including evaluating take-over proposals
- Be able to verify eligible income from sources other than salary, such as investments, rental property etc
- Understand compliance and KYC issues
Basics In Consumer Lending
- What is consumer lending?
- Consumer Vs Commercial lending
- Principles of lending
- Types of borrowers
- Types of loan products
Exercise: Exercises will be given to identify the principles of lending in the structuring of consumer lending products.
Verifying key information
- Customer’s employment history
- Verifying salary income and income from other sources
- Borrowing from other banks/Finance companies
- Value of collaterals
Financial Statement Analysis
Exercise: Computing financial ratios of a financial statement and interpreting financial ratios
- For working capital facilities
- For Term Loan facilities
- Securing collateral: For tangible securities such as properties, shares etc.
- For intangible securities such as personal and corporate guarantees.
- Central Bank’s guidelines regarding consumer loans in UAE
- Internal bank guidelines on quantum of loan, tenor and other conditions
Exercise: To evaluate various credit proposals from different types of customers in respect of limit, tenor, pricing and collaterals.
Analyzing Bank Statements
- Understanding borrower’s financial behavior
- Credit turnover analysis
- Bounced cheque analysis
- Business and non-business payments
- Loan disbursements and capital injections
Exercise: Analyzing bank statements and arriving at conclusion.
Underwriting consumer loans
- Evaluating customer profile
- Computing Credit Score
- Computing debt burden ratio
- Structuring facilities with appropriate pricing
- Take-over proposal evaluation
Exercise: Structuring facilities for various types of customers
- Case studies to emphasis on cross selling of products
- KYC and compliance procedures
- Fraud prevention
Exercise: Compliance procedures
Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre
Since last two years My Company is working with Simfotix, and every time it is great learning experience. MS Excel is one of the most recommended Program with distinctive methodology and valuable deliverables.
A very good training by Simfotix on HRBP with their International Partner Human Capital Institute. We covered high level including strategy.
Dubai Islamic Bank
Great training course and materials. Super helpful to learn shortcuts and their best application. Thank you!
The in-house training met the desired objectives for improvement in the Finance function. Group work throughout the two days and team presentation on various analytics put thing in the focus learning direction. Good output Simfotix.
Finance House Abu Dhabi
Inhouse Training with Simfotix Training for Credit Transformation Program goes with a Wonderful learning experience of our Credit Risk Team. Looking forward to engage them in other upcoming training.
Abu Dhabi Terminals
A combination of learning and sharing through activities and self presentations. Learning Art of Public Speaking with Simfotix Training is truly a good experience.
Arab Bank, UAE
The session was engaging and informative. Overall program outcome is what we agreed and delivered to department.
Emirates Islamic Bank
Simfotix In-House training is well organized and our team learned lot of new things. We consider this as a value addition and meeting our objectives.
Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratization
A very good training we attended with Simfotix Training.
Al Ghurair Group
Easy way of transferring knowledge makes the learning more digestible. Great work Simfotix for the in-house session of Advance Excel.
MAF Carrefour International
Thank you Simfotix for a comprehensive and value training to our Saudi Arabia Finance Team. Case Study and exercises were the key element of this workshop. As Learning & Development we are satisfied to work with them in future.
Selecting Simfotix as sour training and learning development supplier is a wonderful experience. They have done various inhouse programs. Their trainers carry in-depth knowledge and expertise and kept the participants well engaged.
The Executive Council of Dubai
Simfotix Trainer bear a Persuasive approach in training and the company is professional in the arrangement of training till end to make it a memorable experience. The In-house session and the follow-up session is excellent approach.
Department of Economic Development, Dubai
Excellent Training conducted by Simfotix Professional Development. The whole day was full of fun and learning in Advance MS Excel.
It is very important to analyze the need for Training along with the level of knowledge you require. This session give you a liberty to choose the modules you need, discuss it with the trainer how you want to be delivered, decide the place at your convenience and allocate number of hours to solve your problem. This does not include any development as a consulting but will include solution if you are facing a particular problem.