A business consists of more than one person because it requires a team of individuals to fulfill its purpose. The team of in individuals forms into an organizations to deliver the purpose of the business in a methodical manner. The team of individuals becomes an organization, only when they can communicate with each other. The effectiveness of the organizations depends on the quality of communication. The quality of communication is affected by external factors as well as the psychology of the individuals and the chemistry between them. Therefore, a deeper understanding of the dynamics and psychology of communication is required to help improve the quality of communication and the effectives of the organizations. This program is designed to with this vital concept in mind.
- Understanding organizations, communications and the relationship between the two
- Understanding the fundamentals and complexities of organizations and communications
- Learn how to motivate self and others through effective communication
- Master the methods of communication methods
- Learn to be effective communicators through understanding the Neuro Science of communications (or other science of communications)
- Learn to recognize productive and unproductive conversations
Getting To Know Yourself
- What is your personality type?
- What are your communication preferences?
- What are your communication tendencies
The Art Of Listening
- Common listening issues
- Guidelines for effective listening
- Effective listening and paraphrasing techniques
- Understanding different listening styles: active versus passive styles
- Quadrant of cognitive/explanatory styles
- Understanding Active Listening
- Sending Good Signals to Others
Becoming A Proactive Communicator
- Sharpening the active listening skills
- Handling objections and resistance tactfully
- Demonstrating composure, focus and confidence
- Proactive communication skills demonstration
- What are the two common mistakes made when considering intentions?
- How to avoid these mistakes?
- What is the relationship between intentions and their impact and how should you respond to them?
- How should you handle intentions to get the best results?
- What is the best way to share your intentions with others?
- What is the best way to express your dissatisfaction with someone?
- How to analyse implicit messages in what you say or is said to you?
- What is the impact of these implicit messages on people and their long term relationship?
- How to take advantage of the 4-Steps Conversation Technique to significantly improve the quality of your conversations?
Communicating Like a S.T.A.R
- S = Situation
- T = Task
- A = Action
- R = Result
- Using “I” Messages
- Active Constructive Response – ACR
- Impact of Unproductive Communication & How to avoid it.
Self & Team Motivation by Effective Communication Skills
- Develop an open communication culture
- Keep everyone in the loop.
- Show interest in concerns and solutions.
- Encourage employee input & Deliver frequent feedback.
- Set clear directions and stick to it.
- Schedule communication-oriented meetings.
Understanding Communication Barriers
- An Overview of Common Barriers
- Language Barriers
- Cultural Barriers
- Differences in Time and Place
Creating Impactful Communication
- Key skill sets required for effective communication
- Individual communication profile (Self-assessment)
- Critical factors involved in successful communication
- Applying NLP techniques in impactful communication
Neuro Science of Communications
- Connect and relate to anyone without compromising your self confidence and esteem
- Rapport skills for creating safety and trust to allow crucible conversations to take place
- Precision questioning model for conversations that get right to the heart of things, facilitating profound performance change
- The power to overcome and help others overcome their barriers and blockages in communication and motivation in self and others
- Enable themselves and their people to create quality meanings and empowering states to engage teams and improve individual and team performance
- structures Identify and tap motivation in themselves and others to achieve the organisation’s outcomes
Impact of Conflict in Productive Communication
- Nature and scope of conflict management
- Misconceptions about conflict
- Sources of conflict
- Positive and negative factors of conflict
- When conflict comes between you and your desired results
Experiential Learning Activity
Activity Seeing Red
- Using verbal communication alone to develop a common understanding of complex issues
- Thinking through problems logically with others
- The effect of competitive pressures on accuracy
Back to Back
- Communication and appreciating the big picture
- Effective two-way verbal communication
- Appreciating and working with others restrictions
- Giving and receiving clear instructions
- Team problem solving
Lucy Mackintosh is a British citizen, and has lived and worked in the UAE for the past 8 years. She has over 18 years’ experience in Human Resource Management and Training and Development and two related qualifications – BSc (Hons) in Human Resource Management from the University of Bath, UK, and a post-graduate diploma in Personnel Management, accredited by the CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development).
Lucy gained an extensive range of HR experience, working in large organisations in London, including Visa International, the FSA (Financial Services Authority) and the NHS (National Health Service). In 2007 she was head-hunted for a role at Standard Chartered Bank, Dubai, specialising in employee reward and performance management. During this time she also managed the HR Forum in the UAE, which aimed at promoting HR best practice in the region.
In 2009 Lucy decided to follow her passion for Learning and Development by becoming a full-time corporate Trainer and joined the region’s largest training company. She gained experience in working for a large range of companies in the GCC countries and trained courses in Management, Soft Skills and Personal Effectiveness.
Lucy now works for different training organisations, helping them deliver exceptional service to their clients. She designs, develops and delivers courses on a range of topics, as can be seen below. She is also a qualified NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) Practitioner, MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) Facilitator and a Life Coach. These qualifications have increased her skills in understanding, communicating with, and inspiring others.
Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre
Since last two years My Company is working with Simfotix, and every time it is great learning experience. MS Excel is one of the most recommended Program with distinctive methodology and valuable deliverables.
A very good training by Simfotix on HRBP with their International Partner Human Capital Institute. We covered high level including strategy.
Dubai Islamic Bank
Great training course and materials. Super helpful to learn shortcuts and their best application. Thank you!
The in-house training met the desired objectives for improvement in the Finance function. Group work throughout the two days and team presentation on various analytics put thing in the focus learning direction. Good output Simfotix.
Finance House Abu Dhabi
Inhouse Training with Simfotix Training for Credit Transformation Program goes with a Wonderful learning experience of our Credit Risk Team. Looking forward to engage them in other upcoming training.
Abu Dhabi Terminals
A combination of learning and sharing through activities and self presentations. Learning Art of Public Speaking with Simfotix Training is truly a good experience.
Arab Bank, UAE
The session was engaging and informative. Overall program outcome is what we agreed and delivered to department.
Emirates Islamic Bank
Simfotix In-House training is well organized and our team learned lot of new things. We consider this as a value addition and meeting our objectives.
Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratization
A very good training we attended with Simfotix Training.
Al Ghurair Group
Easy way of transferring knowledge makes the learning more digestible. Great work Simfotix for the in-house session of Advance Excel.
MAF Carrefour International
Thank you Simfotix for a comprehensive and value training to our Saudi Arabia Finance Team. Case Study and exercises were the key element of this workshop. As Learning & Development we are satisfied to work with them in future.
Selecting Simfotix as sour training and learning development supplier is a wonderful experience. They have done various inhouse programs. Their trainers carry in-depth knowledge and expertise and kept the participants well engaged.
The Executive Council of Dubai
Simfotix Trainer bear a Persuasive approach in training and the company is professional in the arrangement of training till end to make it a memorable experience. The In-house session and the follow-up session is excellent approach.
Department of Economic Development, Dubai
Excellent Training conducted by Simfotix Professional Development. The whole day was full of fun and learning in Advance MS Excel.
It is very important to analyze the need for Training along with the level of knowledge you require. This session give you a liberty to choose the modules you need, discuss it with the trainer how you want to be delivered, decide the place at your convenience and allocate number of hours to solve your problem. This does not include any development as a consulting but will include solution if you are facing a particular problem.