Increased productivity, reduced stress, greater confidence; These are some of the
benefits of gaining control of your projects and your project team. This 3 days course
provides practical skills which enable you to better manage all aspects of your
projects and increase your team’s performance by utilizing effective communication
What You Will Achieve
- Greater confidence in defining, planning, and managing projects.
- Reduced stress and greater sense of control of your multiple projects and daily workload.
- Increased effectiveness and efficiency by using simple, step-by step processes for
- Project management and communication.
What You Will Learn
- Clarify project objectives with measurable outcomes.
- Break a project into manageable tasks.
- Commit to project quality standards.
- Manage multiple projects while maintaining daily workload.
- Avoid potential problems through planning and communication.
- Identify, analyze, and manage project risks.
- Evaluate the project’s success and lessons learned.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities to improve team performance and accountability.
- Build, motivate and lead a high performing project team.
- Communicate effectively with your team, management, and clients.
- Run productive project meetings for planning, brainstorming, status update and problem solving.
- Create effective written communications for your projects.
Who Should Attend
- New project managers
- Team members who contribute to projects
- Experienced managers looking for advanced skills and best practices
IPM at a Glance
- What is a project.
- Why we need project management.
- Comparison between project and ordinary work.
- Successful Project Managers.
- Project Management Life Cycle.
- Knowledge areas.
- Recognizing that a project should be done
- Develop a Project Charter.
- Identify Stakeholders.
- Define the overall project goal.
- Why do projects fail?
- Golden rules of Project
- Management success.
- Traits of good project managers.
- Understanding risks and constraints.
- Selecting initial project team.
- The breakdown of Task.
- Plan Stakeholder management and communication.
- Identify and analyzing risks.
- Plan risk responses.
- Refine the project scope by identifying the balance among results, time, and resources.
- List tasks and activities.
- Estimate Time and Cost.
- Sequence activities in the most efficient manner possible.
- Develop a schedule and budget to assign resources to the activities.
- Set quality standards for the project.
- Develop a team planner/RACI chart.
- Plan for resources and procurement.
- Cross check and get the plan approved.
- Getting started on the right track.
- Manage Stakeholder Engagement.
- Making communications count.
- Develop project team.
- Manage Quality.
- Manage project Knowledge.
- Acquire resources.
Monitoring and Controlling
- Monitor deviation from the plan.
- What should you monitor?
- Earned Value Management.
- Project Performance Reports.
- Monitor Stakeholder Engagement.
- The rule of changes.
- Update project plan.
- Monitor risks.
- Conflict Management.
- Why is a closing phase necessary?
- The project closing process.
- Steps to project termination.
- Why projects succeed?
- The final report.
Exercises & Activities
Project versus operational work
Examples required from the delegates on projects versus operational.
Project Priority Worksheet
Delegates will be required to fill a sheet prioritizing their projects.
Sample project charter will be given to delegates to be filled. (Simple sample projects will be given to delegates and each delegate will choose the most convenient and related to their work).
Each delegate will identify stakeholders according to his/her selected project.
Delegates will gather in groups to identify business risks.
Change Request Form
Delegates will fill a change request sample with his required change according to his/her selected project.
Project Team Skills workshop
Delegates will be required to fill team skills requirement sheet.
Delegates are requested to fill a RACI Chart sheet with Team Roles.
Resource Breakdown Structure
Delegates will be requested to breakdown resources in a resource breakdown structure.
Network Diagram Analysis
Delegates will run a network diagram exercise and will learn through it the how to figure out critical path, early dates, late dates, float, free float etc.
Earned Value Management Case Study
An Earned Value Case study will be elaborated with the delegates’ contribution.
Lessons learned template
Delegates will fill a lesson learned template with their experience for each project selected..
It is very important to analyze the need for Training along with the level of knowledge you require. This session give you a liberty to choose the modules you need, discuss it with the trainer how you want to be delivered, decide the place at your convenience and allocate number of hours to solve your problem. This does not include any development as a consulting but will include solution if you are facing a particular problem.