The course will give you the knowledge to understand the fundamentals of problem solving, develop critical thinking skills, and learn how to utilize problems solving techniques in a team. Deciding how to prioritize our work or understanding why a process failed and deciding what to do about it; these require a rational approach to problem solving. It gives you awareness to analyze and solve actual problems facing them at work , demonstrate and build credibility with upper management and develop strategic approaches to problem solving and decision making.
- The problem-solving method
- Problem definition
- Problems and corporate world
- Critical Thinking
- Generating Solutions
- Analyzing Solution
- Selection of best fit solution
- Implementation of a solution
- Planning for next step
- Recording lessons learnt
Problem Solving Basics
- Definition of ‘problem’
- Definition of ‘problem solving’
- Definition of ‘decision making’
- Fundamentals of problem solving
- Discussing problem solving
- Handling problems
- Identifying problems
- Effective problem-solving approaches
Problem - solving teams
- Managing problem-solving teams
- Building a problem-solving team
- Conducting team meetings
- Driving a successful team
- Encouraging team members
- Interacting with team members
Critical thinking and information analysis
- Critical thinking
- Developing reasoning skills
- Developing logic skills
- Quantitative analysis
- Discussing quantitative analysis techniques
- Examining financial analysis techniques
- Discussing forecasting techniques
- Qualitative analysis
- Discussing qualitative analysis techniques
- Thinking creatively in problem solving
- Using analogies in problem solving
- Discussing mind mapping
Problem solving in the corporate world
- Problem solvers
- Identifying problem solvers and their skills
- The corporate problem-solving culture
- Identifying the corporate culture
Problem - solving process
- Identifying problems
- Analyzing the situation
- Gathering information
- Identifying solution criteria
- Committing to a solution
- Generating solutions
- Choosing the best solution
- Implementing a solution
- Confirming problem elimination
- Measuring solution success
- Managing solution project
- Communicating problem-solving changes
Decision making supplementary tools
- Effective decision making for problem
- Why-Why and how-how analysis
- The how-how method
- Choice making
- The decision analysis worksheet
Experiential Learning Activity - ELA
Activities that help participants understand the key elements of effective problem solving.
By analysing the way they tackle problems, participants gain an understanding of the key elements of effective problem solving and their personal blocks, whether they are perceptual, emotional, cultural or intellectual. Involvement in subsequent activities gives them opportunities to practice and test new approaches before applying their learning to ‘live problems’.
Key Learning Outcomes: of ELA
- Building on ideas
- Focusing on critical issues
- Problem identification
- Questioning self and others
- Success orientation
- Valuing others contributions
- Understanding and working to constraints
- Planning, even when under time pressure
- Working together to agreed plans
- Reviewing progress and re-planning
Odd Colour of Stack
- Identifying and understanding (customer) priorities
- Homing in on the key problem that can prevent success
- Avoiding distractions and secondary issues
- Working together to complete a task within a tight time schedule
- Attention to detail and quality
MTa was established in 1982 by Martin Thompson, an experimental psychologist and specialises in designing ‘out of the box’ experiential activities that enables the facilitators to build teams, develop leaders, improve communication and deliver world-class training solutions.
The organisation has over 30 years of worldwide experience in designing, supplying and facilitating innovative experiential learning activities, training resources and people development programmes. These learning and development materials are being used by trainers and facilitators in over 100 countries, by 1000s of the world’s most demanding organisations. Their specialised team focuses on providing solutions catering to team building, management and organisational development programmes. All of their 100+ ‘off the shelf activities’ are unique and have been designed, developed and tested at MTa; most are based on their own patented components.
Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre
Since last two years My Company is working with Simfotix, and every time it is great learning experience. MS Excel is one of the most recommended Program with distinctive methodology and valuable deliverables.
A very good training by Simfotix on HRBP with their International Partner Human Capital Institute. We covered high level including strategy.
Dubai Islamic Bank
Great training course and materials. Super helpful to learn shortcuts and their best application. Thank you!
The in-house training met the desired objectives for improvement in the Finance function. Group work throughout the two days and team presentation on various analytics put thing in the focus learning direction. Good output Simfotix.
Finance House Abu Dhabi
Inhouse Training with Simfotix Training for Credit Transformation Program goes with a Wonderful learning experience of our Credit Risk Team. Looking forward to engage them in other upcoming training.
Abu Dhabi Terminals
A combination of learning and sharing through activities and self presentations. Learning Art of Public Speaking with Simfotix Training is truly a good experience.
Arab Bank, UAE
The session was engaging and informative. Overall program outcome is what we agreed and delivered to department.
Emirates Islamic Bank
Simfotix In-House training is well organized and our team learned lot of new things. We consider this as a value addition and meeting our objectives.
Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratization
A very good training we attended with Simfotix Training.
Al Ghurair Group
Easy way of transferring knowledge makes the learning more digestible. Great work Simfotix for the in-house session of Advance Excel.
MAF Carrefour International
Thank you Simfotix for a comprehensive and value training to our Saudi Arabia Finance Team. Case Study and exercises were the key element of this workshop. As Learning & Development we are satisfied to work with them in future.
Selecting Simfotix as sour training and learning development supplier is a wonderful experience. They have done various inhouse programs. Their trainers carry in-depth knowledge and expertise and kept the participants well engaged.
The Executive Council of Dubai
Simfotix Trainer bear a Persuasive approach in training and the company is professional in the arrangement of training till end to make it a memorable experience. The In-house session and the follow-up session is excellent approach.
Department of Economic Development, Dubai
Excellent Training conducted by Simfotix Professional Development. The whole day was full of fun and learning in Advance MS Excel.
It is very important to analyze the need for Training along with the level of knowledge you require. This session give you a liberty to choose the modules you need, discuss it with the trainer how you want to be delivered, decide the place at your convenience and allocate number of hours to solve your problem. This does not include any development as a consulting but will include solution if you are facing a particular problem.