- Course Outline
- Workshop Fee & Instructions:
Power BI is a business intelligence tool that brings all together all the organization’s data in one place so one can visualise it as a whole and gain valuable insights. It transforms company’s data into rich visuals to collect and organise in a way that one can focus on what really matters. Power BI helps you stay in the know, spot trends as they happen, and push your business further.
This virtual instructor-led training empower participants to build strong understanding of Power BI to integrate, make use of data, and build compelling and interactive reports.
Features of Power BI
- Connect MS Power BI to simple datasets in MS Excel and SQL
- Build simple data models within MS Power BI Select and execute appropriate Visualisations within MS Power BI
- Create a dashboard to explore data and answer queries using MS Power BI
- Publish and share insightful reports to stakeholders using MS Power BI
- Run fundamental analytics using the DAX language
Senior executives, department/ functional heads and business managers, project managers, business analysts, IT executives, data analysts and scientists looking to enhance strategic thinking in building their business intelligence/ analytics function.
Maan Eid (Bilingual)
Maan Eid is an Experienced Information Technology Project Management Trainer with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. In last 8 years in the UAE, he has delivered numerous training sessions in government and public companies in the areas of IT Management, Project Management, Data Analysis Reporting Tools, Advance MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
Education & Certifications
- Authorized PMP Trainer
PMI Project Management Institute
- MS Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting
- MCT Microsoft Certified Trainer
- MOS Excel 2016 Expert
- MCP Microsoft Certified Professional Managing Project with MS Project
- MOS Microsoft Office Specialist Master
(WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS, POWERPOINT)
- ITIL Information Technology
- IC3 Internet Core Competency Certification
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering
Aleppo University, Aleppo, Syria
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM)
- Syrian Engineers Association (Auditor)
- United Arab Emirates PMI Khaleeji (UAE) Chapter
Some of His Recently Delivered Courses
- Authorized STC Saudia Arabia – PMP Certificate, Jan 2021
- Emirates ID – Preparation for PMP Certificate, Nov 2020
- RTA Preparation – PMP Certificate, Jun 2020
- MICROSOFT CAPM, Dec 2020
- DCT Abu Dhabi – Project Management, Dec 2020
- Etihad Airways – Project Management, Dec 2019
- Dubai Police – Project Management, Dec 2019
- DEWA – MS Excel Advanced, Sep 2019
- Deyaar – Power BI, Sep-Oct 2019
- ALDAR – MS Excel Advanced, Aug 2019
- ADNOC – PMP & MS Excel Advanced, July 2019
- Al Fahim Group – MS Excel Intermediate and Advanced, Apr 2019
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Project Management, Mar 2019
- Abu Dhabi Police – MS PowerPoint, Mar 2019
- ADNOC – Dashboards & Excel Advanced, Nov 2018
Past Participation Includes:
Introducing Power BI:
- Getting started with Power BI
- Uploading data to Power BI
- Introduction to reports
- Introducing Visual Interactions
Using Power BI Desktop:
- Connecting to a database
- Loading from multiple sources
- Using Query Editor
- Hiding or removing tables
- Handling seasonality and sorting
Consuming and transforming data by using Power BI Desktop:
- Data connectivity modes
- Importing data
- Connecting to a Folder
- Import from Excel
Developing Power BI reports:
- Choosing the right visualizations
- Choosing between standard visuals.
- First steps with custom visualizations
- Improving reports by
- custom visualizations
- Identifying conditions when custom
- visualizations are required
- Using DAX in data models
Using Microsoft Power BI in your company:
- Publish Excel data models in Power BI
- Consume Power BI content from Excel
- Pushing real-time data to Power BI dashboards
Create calculated columns, calculated tables, and measure:
- Create DAX formulas for calculated columns
- Calculated tables
- Using Measures
- Use What-if parameters
Create hierarchies and format interactive visualizations:
- Create date hierarchies
- Create hierarchies based
- on business needs
- Add columns to tables to
- support desired hierarchy
- Select a visualization type
- Configure page layout & formatting
- Configure interactions between visuals
- category of columns
- Position, align, and sort visuals
- Format measures
- Use bookmarks and themes for reports
Configure a dashboard:
- Add text and images
- Filter dashboards
- Dashboard settings
- Introducing data refresh
- Publishing to Power BI
Workshop Fee & Instructions:
- 29-30 June, 2022 – 10:00 am – 03:00 pm (GST)
- Regular Fee: AED 1,750 Per Participant (Exclusive of VAT)
- Team Offer: Pay for 2 and register 3rd for free
- Includes: Courseware, and SIMFOTIX Certificate
- For registration (s) send us your Name, Designation, Organization, and Mobile Number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For More Information please contact: Qazi Waqas Ahmed Mobile: +971 56 309 0819; Email: email@example.com
"The trainer was well informed and ready for the workshop "
- Savola Group KSA
"The trainer has a practical approach. Clear in explanation and giving examples. Trainer provided the necessary information perfectly. Overall, best training & course"
- Etihad Water & Electricity
"Excellent Presentation and good knowledgeable"
"It was very detailed and the trainer was very thorough with each step. Very clear and explained each point in a simple manner"
- AlBatha Group
"Whole session was informative & knowledgeable. Excellent Trainer"
- Mashreq Bank
"A productive session. Amazing Power BI skills - Answered all the question raised during training"
- Gulf International
"Sequence of the program was good even to those who are not using or working on the Power Bi can understand the commands and procedures"
- General Enterprises Company (GECO)
"I liked the Power Query session on data cleaning, Get Data source from folder & Relationship creation"
- Field Hierarchy. Global Food Industries
"It was good interacted session with almost every participants, rather than a passive session. The expertise knowledge of the presenters were excellent "
- SUPER GENERAL W.L.L-QATAR
"The trainer manner of showcasing the commands & carry forward to the next level of the program was good. Interaction with the viewers was good"
- Saudi Diesel Equipment Co., Ltd
"The Trainer, the subject, overall interaction. The trainer was good, its a lot of information in a very short span "
- Schlumberger Oilfield
"SIMFOTIX Power Bi Trainer is really helpful and straight to the point and detailed in matters of discussion. I learned a lot in the analytics part"
- Binzagr Co.
"The topic Creating Table Relationships in the Power BI Training helped me most. Good SIMFOTIX"
- Dubai Financial Services Authority
"The clarity in explanation and the temperament of the trainer .The options of New dimension to data interpretation is more value for me. great job"
- Aban Investment
"Got an overall idea about the Power BI platform. Trainer was very supportive and clarified the doubts"
- Farnek Services LLC
"It is on one of the most important tool these days and covered a quite useful information. The trainer is making sure to explain every detail and cover as much as he can and answer questions thoroughly"
"The logic and the end product you can get in using the system. It is a powerful tool for sales team and finance team. The trainer is very knowledgeable"
- Roche Diagnostics
"The training was conducted very well. Thank you so much. I liked how we were given enough time to absorb the material"
- CNS , Ghobash Group
"Very interesting esp with the way we present the reports. Very patient - was answering all our questions "
- Aster DM Healthcare
"It was very interactive and really engaging session. Trainer seems to have mastered the tool well and it was a real cake walk session for her to teach us basics"
- First Abh Dhabi Bank
"It was explained in very simplified and structured manner. Trainer was very thorough about the concepts and very good style of training. Loved the way she made Power BI look so simple yet very powerful. Excellent tool and excellent trainer."
- Department of Culture & Tourism, Abu Dhabi
"Easy to follow and good presentation sequence. Very knowledgeable and interactive"
"I liked the practice that was done on Power BI. trainer was energetic, kept everyone engaged and had the patience to make sure that all the participants understood the steps and got it right"