At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define Emotional Intelligence (EQ).
- Identify the benefits of emotional intelligence for managers.
- Explain the four core skills required to practice emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrate self-management, self-awareness, self-motivation and empathy.
- Effectively communicate with team members non-verbally.
- Interpret key emotions.
- Explain how to regulate one’s own emotions.
- Recognize that mood congruent thought influences decision making.
- Relate emotional intelligence to the workplace as a manager.
What is Emotional Intelligence?
- Benefits of EI
- Understand the difference between Trait EI and Ability EI 5 Dimensions of Trait EI Model
- Self Awareness (SA) Managing Emotions (ME) Motivation (M) Empathy (E)
- Social Skills (SS) Determine your EQ
Group Activity: Table teams – EQ self assessment activity and facilitator led debrief
Dimension 1: Self awareness (SA)
- Seeing the other side
- Giving in without giving up Life Positions –only you can choose your mindset
- Activity: Pair work, role playing different sides of a conflict
- Debrief and group discussion led by facilitator
Dimension 2: Self-Regulation/Managing Emotions (ME)
- The ‘EQ brain’ and how it works
- The science of emotions
- Understanding Emotions
- Find your self-control… take back your Amygdala
- Using coping thoughts
- Using relaxation techniques
Managing with Emotional Intelligence
- What does Emotional Intelligence have to do with managing?
- The high EQ manager: case studies on effectiveness
- Using self-awareness to engage with staff and colleagues
Dimension 3: Self-Motivation (M)
- Self Motivation
- Motivating others using your EQ
- The balance between optimism and pessimism
- The power of re-framing
- Teaching staff to re-frame and setting the example: the Optimistic Manager
Activity: Individual reflection on motivation – write in reflection journal. Group activity on Optimists v. Pessimists with facilitator debrief on likely outcomes of perspectives.
Dimension 4: Empathy (E)
- Barriers to empathy
- Developing your empathy
- Empathy and your staff: connecting with employees
Activity: Group work. What is an empathetic manager? Why connect with employees who are experiencing difficulties?
Four Skills in Emotional Intelligence
- How to accurately perceive emotions
- Employing emotions to facilitate thinking
- Interpret emotional meanings
- Manage emotions
Activity: Managing with Emotional Intelligence: How do high EQ managers use the Four Skills in motivating and managing? In conducting productive meetings and other communications?
Verbal Communication - Team Building & EI
- Focused listening
- Asking questions
- Communicating with flexibility and authenticity
- Creating high EQ teams that unleash their collective potential energy through positive energy
- Using EQ, how to: Generate powerful and productive team synergy
Activity: Group work using challenging scenario. Collectively, what are your table team’s EQ strengths? Shortcomings? How will you leverage your strengths to solve the scenario?
Team Building and EQ II
- Maximizing morale and resisting stress
- Uniting the team for organizational strength
Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre
Since last two years My Company is working with Simfotix, and every time it is great learning experience. MS Excel is one of the most recommended Program with distinctive methodology and valuable deliverables.
A very good training by Simfotix on HRBP with their International Partner Human Capital Institute. We covered high level including strategy.
Dubai Islamic Bank
Great training course and materials. Super helpful to learn shortcuts and their best application. Thank you!
The in-house training met the desired objectives for improvement in the Finance function. Group work throughout the two days and team presentation on various analytics put thing in the focus learning direction. Good output Simfotix.
Finance House Abu Dhabi
Inhouse Training with Simfotix Training for Credit Transformation Program goes with a Wonderful learning experience of our Credit Risk Team. Looking forward to engage them in other upcoming training.
Abu Dhabi Terminals
A combination of learning and sharing through activities and self presentations. Learning Art of Public Speaking with Simfotix Training is truly a good experience.
Arab Bank, UAE
The session was engaging and informative. Overall program outcome is what we agreed and delivered to department.
Emirates Islamic Bank
Simfotix In-House training is well organized and our team learned lot of new things. We consider this as a value addition and meeting our objectives.
Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratization
A very good training we attended with Simfotix Training.
Al Ghurair Group
Easy way of transferring knowledge makes the learning more digestible. Great work Simfotix for the in-house session of Advance Excel.
MAF Carrefour International
Thank you Simfotix for a comprehensive and value training to our Saudi Arabia Finance Team. Case Study and exercises were the key element of this workshop. As Learning & Development we are satisfied to work with them in future.
Selecting Simfotix as sour training and learning development supplier is a wonderful experience. They have done various inhouse programs. Their trainers carry in-depth knowledge and expertise and kept the participants well engaged.
The Executive Council of Dubai
Simfotix Trainer bear a Persuasive approach in training and the company is professional in the arrangement of training till end to make it a memorable experience. The In-house session and the follow-up session is excellent approach.
Department of Economic Development, Dubai
Excellent Training conducted by Simfotix Professional Development. The whole day was full of fun and learning in Advance MS Excel.
It is very important to analyze the need for Training along with the level of knowledge you require. This session give you a liberty to choose the modules you need, discuss it with the trainer how you want to be delivered, decide the place at your convenience and allocate number of hours to solve your problem. This does not include any development as a consulting but will include solution if you are facing a particular problem.