Financial planning is every organization’s annual recurring exercise. While incorporating a number of variables in operating environment and simultaneously focusing on organization’s strategic objectives, organizations prepare their budgets. The accuracy of financial planning with a subjectivity and objectivity bias always remain in question.
This workshop is designed to help participants in preparing their budgets while incorporating the organization’s strategic objectives, qualitative and quantitative preferences, historical performance and constraints in a spreadsheet while using the most powerful tool of Excel®.
By the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Navigate through the features and functions of Excel®
- Distinguish between data and output in spreadsheet architecture
- Learn projecting financial information using Excel®
- Use forecasting techniques for budget preparation
- Evaluate constraints and roadblocks using What if Analysis
- Integrate various budgets into one sheet using Macros
- Prepare flexed budgets based on best, probable and worst case scenarios
- Strategy & its effects on Financial Planning
- Formal Strategy Formulation Process
- Resource Based Vs Positioning
- Levels of Strategy – Corporate, Business & Functional
- Financial Strategy – Scope, Sources & Implications
- Strategic analysis tools: PESTLE
- Strategic analysis tools: Five forces analysis
- Strategic analysis tools: SWOT analysis
- Approaches to formulating strategy
- Strategy in action: understanding your business model
- Strategic implementation and management
- Balancing key stakeholder objectives
- Measuring shareholder value
- Strategic management tools: balanced scorecard
- Case study: a strategy to balance customer and shareholder objectives
Preparing Budget Model using Excel
- Sales budget under various propositions
- Production budget with varying capacity levels
- Material budgets under varying price uncertainties
- Labor & Overhead Budgets
Presenting Budgets using Dashboards
- Visual display of Budgets for Management Reporting
- Visual Display of Trends & Forecasts
- Dashboards using Online Resources
- The forecasting process and its applications
- Basic forecasting techniques
- Projecting sales revenues
- Identifying causal influences on sales revenue
- Time series analysis and forecasting
- Using trend and seasonal variation for revenue forecasting
- Using linear regression to forecast costs
- Understanding and using correlation
- Dealing with common problems to improve forecasts
- Building forecasts based on projected ROI
- Forecasts based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Forecasting & Learning Curves
- Forecasting under uncertainty
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Forecasting using Probability & Expected Values
Preparing Master Budget
- Capital Expenditure Budget (CAPEX)
- Investment Appraisal NPV & IRR
- CAPEX Financing Decisions
- Calculating Cost of Capital (WACC)
- Cash Budget & Projected Cash Flow Statement
- Projected Income Statement
- Project Statement of Financial Position
Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre
Since last two years My Company is working with Simfotix, and every time it is great learning experience. MS Excel is one of the most recommended Program with distinctive methodology and valuable deliverables.
A very good training by Simfotix on HRBP with their International Partner Human Capital Institute. We covered high level including strategy.
Dubai Islamic Bank
Great training course and materials. Super helpful to learn shortcuts and their best application. Thank you!
The in-house training met the desired objectives for improvement in the Finance function. Group work throughout the two days and team presentation on various analytics put thing in the focus learning direction. Good output Simfotix.
Finance House Abu Dhabi
Inhouse Training with Simfotix Training for Credit Transformation Program goes with a Wonderful learning experience of our Credit Risk Team. Looking forward to engage them in other upcoming training.
Abu Dhabi Terminals
A combination of learning and sharing through activities and self presentations. Learning Art of Public Speaking with Simfotix Training is truly a good experience.
Arab Bank, UAE
The session was engaging and informative. Overall program outcome is what we agreed and delivered to department.
Emirates Islamic Bank
Simfotix In-House training is well organized and our team learned lot of new things. We consider this as a value addition and meeting our objectives.
Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratization
A very good training we attended with Simfotix Training.
Al Ghurair Group
Easy way of transferring knowledge makes the learning more digestible. Great work Simfotix for the in-house session of Advance Excel.
MAF Carrefour International
Thank you Simfotix for a comprehensive and value training to our Saudi Arabia Finance Team. Case Study and exercises were the key element of this workshop. As Learning & Development we are satisfied to work with them in future.
Selecting Simfotix as sour training and learning development supplier is a wonderful experience. They have done various inhouse programs. Their trainers carry in-depth knowledge and expertise and kept the participants well engaged.
The Executive Council of Dubai
Simfotix Trainer bear a Persuasive approach in training and the company is professional in the arrangement of training till end to make it a memorable experience. The In-house session and the follow-up session is excellent approach.
Department of Economic Development, Dubai
Excellent Training conducted by Simfotix Professional Development. The whole day was full of fun and learning in Advance MS Excel.
It is very important to analyze the need for Training along with the level of knowledge you require. This session give you a liberty to choose the modules you need, discuss it with the trainer how you want to be delivered, decide the place at your convenience and allocate number of hours to solve your problem. This does not include any development as a consulting but will include solution if you are facing a particular problem.